3.11.2011

On love ...

It's not what you think. I already told you why I love Valentine's Day. We won't beat a dead horse because there is absolutely no use in that. However, I was inspired by THIS post.

It's one of those exercises that should be done regularly so that we don't forget how those around us really do love us. And it also helps me remember that I can do those very things for others. Love is important to give AND receive. I'd encourage you to take a look at who love IS in your life. I can almost promise there is way more than you'd think.


Love reassures me when I freak out over what life "might" bring the next 5 months.

Love says, "I don't want to go three months without seeing you, you have to come over for dinner!"

Love invites me to stay even when I'm thinking about staying for a whole month.

Love picks up someone else's dinner tab when they are new to a table and community.

Love emails me when she knows life is stressful and just says "How ya doin'?"

Love bakes dozens upon dozens of cookies for a conference I couldn't do everything for.

Love takes off work early to come and help me when I might lose my mind.

Love shares dinner with me when I get home and I am too tired to cook.

Love cleans the bathroom weekly for a whole month straight when I can't get to it like usual.

Love says you can stay in our attic room if you needed to.

Love is a voicemail that says I'm just thinking about you.

Love waits patiently even when I'm 20 minutes late for lunch, and then says repeatedly that there is grace for tardiness.

Love passes me a secret note in a meeting just to tell me I'm pretty.

Love says to me often, "You're not alone."

Love goes with me to look for new places to live.

Love meets with me and talks me through things that are scary and overwhelming, like home buying.

Love invites me over for dinner and cooks me a delicious meal and includes me in her family time.

Love gives encouragement when I think something is crazy or a "ridiculous idea".

Love spreads flowers all over my house, just because I like them.

Love buys me cadbury mini eggs.

Love flies across the ocean with you to spend two weeks with kids she doesn't know.

Love leaves me written reminders of peace when I'm acting like a crazy head.

Love offers to go on a double date with me so I don't have to do it alone.

Love tells me the truth, when I want it and when I don't.

Love leaves me a Justin Bieber CD in my mailbox just because. (Don't judge.)

Love says "Take my car wherever you need to" when I know mine won't make the trip.



Love. It's everywhere in my life and I'm so thankful for it. Here's to passing it on!

2 comments:

annaelyse said...

i once made a list like this. when i stopped and thought about it i was OVERWHELMED with how much i was loved.

thanks for this reminder. you're WAY easy to love jb. :)

Unknown said...

you're really good at words. i like that about you.