4.22.2011

Is this any indication?

This week, Tuesday it was, our little digital thermostat was blinking the word "Battery" very fiercely. As I noticed it, I realized that the house did seem unusually cold but I figured I had turn the heat down pretty low since it had warmed up outside. I headed to target to pick up batteries and other things (or distractions as I call anything at Target). I bought my batteries and headed home.

I put the batteries in and the screen flashed on and the heat came on. The next morning I woke up REEEEEEALLY cold. A cold front had moved in this week, bringing rain and as I got out of bed shivering, I noticed the screen was blank again. That evening I called my landlord and he asked me if I bought rechargeable batteries. Um....turns out I did, I didn't even think to double check the KIND of battery, I was only concerned about the size. Rechargeable batteries meant they had only a little charge and didn't last long. Dang it. My first thought was, "Is this any indication of home ownership and the small hills and massive mountains I will climb?" Yup. Yup it is Jordanne.

I am happy to report that I headed back to the store to pick up more batteries and I got the right ones this time. I got back home, ready to be done shivering and put the batteries in and ... FAIL! They still didn't work! YES!!!!!!!!

I'm going to soak up every last opportunity I have for someone else to fix something before I have to do it all myself (or I mean: Before I beg my friends to help me fix everything). Sorry, landlord, you'll have to come and help me now. :)

(As I type this, it's 63 degrees outside and a bit humid. I sit in my kitchen, wrapped in an electric blanket on high and three layers of clothing on. Maybe I should just go outside for a walk, it seems like the warmer option!

No comments: