4.25.2011

Things of note this last week.

I'm back to my list making, I forgot for awhile how much I like lists.

1. Today I celebrated the life of a man I admire a lot although I only knew him a little. To read more: www.paulwagoner.blogspot.com

2. I am so much closer to being a home owner. I have so many dreams of how it will be used. The update is that we are still negotiating what/how they will fix the things that need to be fixed. And the contract that we've agreed to includes an empty lot next to the house. Garden anyone? Yes please.

3. I found my camera while packing, so I thought I'd indulge you with a photo. These three things were a little bit of sunshine on a dreary day:


That little picture there is of my sponsored girl in Ethiopia, we've been in relationship since the end of 2006. Almost FIVE YEARS! I am so proud of the young woman she has become. Just the fact that she is still in school is a miracle. And I'm not kidding when I say that. It's a MIRACLE.

4. A year ago this week, my friend Daniela came to America and turned my life upside down in every good way. I'm still so thankful for the ways she challenged me and encouraged me while she was here.

5. If you haven't heard this girl sing yet, you need to:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

is she for real? i mean, really...child!!

btw, i'm excited for your house adventure. :)