4.28.2011

What delight a 3 year old brings.

Yesterday I had Missional Community at my house. It's a group of really awesome people that meet together to grow in our relationship with God, to build life with one another and to figure out how to serve the places that we live.

We have one tiny little member of our group. She's three. And she's so patient when we are praying together ... usually her patience lasts 3/4ths of the time and then she'll have a giggle fit or flops her cute little body around on the bed until someone laughs at her. Last night she came in and out of the room, playing pretend all by herself. Every few minutes she would leave the room and close the door and seconds later, you'd hear the candy jar being fiddled with. See, cute right?

At one point, she peeked her head in the room and had her arms full of paper napkins. I just smiled knowing that I'd probably find them some place weeks later stuffed in funny places. Regardless, I didn't care.

10:00 p.m. last night I was unloading the dish washer and this is what I found. They burst right out of the drawer like confetti out of those little 4th of July popper things.


She put them back where they go alright. And I promptly took a picture and sent it to her mom.
I love having 3 year olds in Missional Community.

No comments: